Monday, May 23, 2011

Autumn afternoons



"Who's going to make the fish next year Hazel when you're not here?
"Don't worry Mum, I'll do it when I get home from school".
I'm going to miss these cosy Autumn days, Russell snoozing on the couch and me and Hazey doing our little jobs together. I'm really trying to make the most of it, it's my favorite time of year and there is nothing I enjoy more than taking some knitting to the park and watching Hazel play as Autumn leaves whoosh around us, wooly hats on little heads. I think nature feels so much more present as I get older, don't know why but I find myself stopping much more often to enjoy it than I used to.

Yes I do feel a slight dread as I anticipate my last little one going off to school. I will miss having her around, stories on the couch, pottering in the garden, Dora on the telly. She just called out to me to come and read her book.......it is going to be very quiet indeed, until 3.30 rolls around of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment