Wednesday, October 21, 2009






I'm back. Made it to my knitting class maybe even a little ahead of the other students (thank goodness for The golden Girls marathon on late night telly). So the knitting has been put aside for the needle felting and that isn't going well. Ailee thinks her lion's head looks like a brown flower. What am I going to do? I'm committed! I've told so many people I'm needle felting this years Halloween costumes I have to keep going. I can't go to Costco now (and get the costumes the girls actually wanted), I have a reputation to establish as that amazing Australian woman who needle felted those beautiful costumes! Maybe Ailee could just be a big brown flower! I'll run that by her in the morning.

So The Munari/O'shannassy's left us and the overcast skies of that weekend opened up and it rained for three days, night and day, solidly. Amazing. I had to go out and buy wet weather gear because there is no such thing as rainy day schedule at Waldorf, no, it's get out in that rain and jump around in those puddles ( so long as you are dressed appropriately of course). Phemie told her class how exciting it would be if we got rain at home like this.

But on the forth day the sun came out and it was back to the banana lounges and there hasn't been a cloud in the sky since. I was getting ready to make soup a week ago and now we are back in the pool. 

We did have a birthday last week, Pheme turned 11. One of my personal favorite birthday traditions in our family is letting the girls make their own cake. They love it and if you think craft causes me stress well baking just tips me over the edge! (Hi Lee, Hi Jules). Using her array of Halloween decorations (Thanks Lee), she set off to create a spider web cake. Yummy. 

2 comments:

  1. very cool hazel
    Hope phem had a great birhtday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stace, I do love reading your posts. Very best wishes for your Halloween costumery. How ever this turns out, I'm sure you will boldly uphold your reputation as that amazing Australian woman! :-)

    ReplyDelete