Thursday, October 8, 2009


It would be remiss of me as one of the founding members of the Kensington Ladies Auxiliary (better known as the KLA), if I didn't post some updates of my craft endeavors! One of the things I really wanted to do whilst I was here was to attempt some more difficult knitting, and after a few attempts at the Elizabeth Zimmerman's Febuary Baby Jacket ( read crying and swearing and eventually ripping!), I booked myself in at the local wool shop for a six week workshop in making that exact cardigan but in a large size ( coincidence or what! ). I am well into it and it has become an obsession, even stopping me from reading Twilight which I confess I was also becoming a little too into for a forty something person! So I thought I had passed the difficult bits but this afternoon saw me heading down to the wool shop, five hot and tired kids in tow, in a panic because I couldn't work out what I had done wrong and after many attempts at fixing it, I yelled to the girls ( who were all happily playing a the park), "GET IN THE BLOODY CAR I'VE DROPPED A STITCH". They all knew what that could mean for the rest of the afternoon so all aboard and off we went. 

Much to my surprise (and embarrassment), it seemed, after close inspection, I had actually managed to fix it myself! Hmmm...well what do you know? I think the shop owner thinks I'm a freak. 

So anyway, my dear friend Ange is the only knitter I know clever enough to have finished this cardigan so if I can do this I will be very pleased. Pity about the poo brown wool I chose, it will be great at the farm!

2 comments:

  1. Stace, I roared with laughter at this one, it felt like I was there in the park too!
    I think the jacket will look great when it's worn with other clothes. Did you check out that other site with the REAL EZ cardigan? What a genuis she was, and funny too.
    My next obsession is the Swallowtail Lace Shawl by Evelyn Clark. I googled it looking for a pattern and this whole other world opened up to me, just as it did with EZ and her February jacket!
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just imagine you - roaring down the hill to the wool (yarn) shop.....with the 5 in tow!

    ReplyDelete