Sunday, October 4, 2009


It is Sunday afternoon. We had breakfast by the beach and a play in the sand but now Daryl has headed off to a conference in Palm Springs and I am faced with a couple of days here without him. I can't quite put my finger on why I find it harder here when he is away. I guess it is not having friends and family around and that feeling of being quite alone up here in the hills. it is also very windy today so I have closed up the house and we will probably hang out inside. The girls are watching Tarzan at the moment, giving me a little peace and quiet to blog. 

Discovered a great beach yesterday down behind the university. Must say though, the sea of buffed gorgeous youngsters was a little too Abercrombie Catalogue. Fortunately the woman in charge of keeping people and dogs away from the Plover colony was making sure everything remained PG, perched on her chair with her sandwich board lodged in the sand describing the plight of this sweet little coastal bird.

Went for a drive through the grounds of the University of Santa Barbara, had to take a photo of all these bikes! It is a huge campus and students just pedal around. 


1 comment: