Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MY NEED FOR CLEAN


Some people ( including myself), may say that I am a little on the anal side. Perhaps even a little "Mommy Dearest" at times. If you don't get the reference it's probably not a bad thing, but if "NO WIRE HANGERS!!!!! rings a bell then you may be getting a picture of me on a bad day.

I don't like this side of me, this neat as a pin, constantly tidying and nagging about tidying, oh if I could only let go just a little bit, stop staring at the floors looking for sticky spots, I would probably achieve so many other worthwhile things.

Having said this, Hazel decided during the last school holidays that she wasn't getting my full attention all of the time so took to drawing on the walls. Beautiful, fanciful little creatures and butterflies that I just love and will NEVER remove, infact I've actually thought of getting her to colour them in. So this is my point. When you do let go, or should I say when I do let go, when I stop rearranging pencils and putting things out of reach so they can't be messed up, when I stop "styling" the craft table and just let the girls go for it, do what they want, absolutely amazing things happen. I look at this doll that Ailee made Hazel for Christmas and just can't believe my eyes. Stop unravelling, rubbing out, unstitching, folding, stacking and sorting because one day this house will be tidy and neat and so very very quiet and I know how much I will miss them and hope that I don't feel I ever restricted their creative expression by my need for order and control.

No comments:

Post a Comment