Sunday, September 18, 2011

CALIFORNIA



I wonder what it is that pulls us back to this place year after year? It was never just a holiday destination for us, Daryl needed to be here for work so we all came, rented a house, put the girls into school, discovered this new town of ours.

But the girls are getting older and so pulling them out of school at home isn't quite so easy and I suppose we started to question just how long we could be here and there, we were starting to feel a little unsettled. And so now it is just a holiday except we know this place so well, the mountains and the sea are so familiar, such a wonderful reminder of the longer stays we had here.

It's hard to explain why we keep coming back, creatures of habit perhaps. I don't know but as I drove down the 101 on this beautiful Californian Sunday afternoon, a Starbucks in the cupholder and a smile on my face, I thought how wonderful it is to have this other place even if it is only for a few short weeks.

So I hope this time to give an impression of our time here, mainly photos but some words as well. It is off to bed now though as we have an early start in the morning. Off to the happiest place on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment